I don’t really know what it’s called, so I will coin the term “Wikileaping”. Wikileaping: to jump from one article to another related article on Wikipedia, moving ever-so away from the original interest. People do this all the time, so I am sure a real term already exists. Here is an example:
WordPerfect > Word processors > FrameMaker > Technical writer

Leave a Reply